GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438) was formerly known as 55098 GO! Hexagon-9". The dies are interchangeable, use 55438 for patterns that list 55098.
Don’t be afraid of hexagons—this die has helpful notches to keep your bias in line which makes Y-seams a breeze. Fits pre-cut 10" squares. Coordinates with GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) and GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (55429).
Compatible with these fabric cutters:
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500) and GO! (55100S) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 10" x 10" Cutting Mat (55111) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 10" x 10"
- Cut Size: 4 1/2" Sides (11.4 cm)
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" Sides (10.8 cm)
- Use with GO! Equilateral Triangle (55429)
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage 10” x 10” (55852) or GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
- Cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time. For thicker fabrics, start with fewer layers and build up.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.