Squares are the literal and figurative building blocks of quilting. The GO! Square 6 1/2" die cuts cleanly through multiple layers of fabric and finishes to a 6" square. Perfect for background squares, small applique blocks or checkerboard block layouts. One of the basic shapes in the AccuQuilt GO! Mix and Match System die collection, this 6 1/2" square helps create typical 12" finished patchwork quilt blocks. This die is used in blocks such as Flashing Windmill, Sawtooth Star and Ohio Star.
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500) and GO! (55100S) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 10" x 10" Cutting Mat (55111) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 10" x 10"
- Cut Size: 6 1/2"W x 6 1/2"H (16.5 cm x 16.5 cm) square
- Finished Size: 6"W x 6"H (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)
- Coordinates with:
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 6" Block (55775)
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block (55776)
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 9" Block (55777)
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 12" Block (55778)
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage 10” x 10” (55852) or GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
- Cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time. For thicker fabrics, start with fewer layers and build up.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.