Just like learning your ABCs in school, squares are one of the fundamental building blocks of quilting. This die cuts a perfect 8 1/2" square every time, even through multiple fabric layers, and finishes to a 8" square. Great for background squares and applique blocks.
Compatible with these fabric cutters:
- Compatible with GO! Big (55500) and GO! (55100S) Fabric Cutters
- Recommended Cutting Mat: 10" x 10" Cutting Mat (55111) (not included)
- Die Board Size: 10" x 10"
- Cut Size: 8 1/2"W x 8 1/2"H (21.6 cm x 21.6 cm)
- Finished Size: 8"W x 8"H (20.3 cm x 20.3 cm)
- Coordinates with:
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block (55776)
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 12" Block (55778)
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage 10” x 10” (55852) or GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
- Cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time. For thicker fabrics, start with fewer layers and build up.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.