Invite spring into your next applique project by adding butterflies. The GO! Butterfly by Edyta Sitar die offers a simply lovely butterfly design that you can incorporate into a variety of fabric art projects. Though simple, the butterfly has curved details that make it very difficult to cut by hand or even with a rotary cutter. AccuQuilt Fabric Cutters are here to make it easy to precisely cut the details that make this die extraordinary. Cutting the butterfly shape from multiple fabric layers at once means you'll have a flutter of colorful butterflies whenever you're ready to go. The die works with your AccuQuilt GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, or the Studio if you use its adapter. Purchase this die individually here to add to your applique or embroidery collection. Or look for it in the GO! Qube Specialty Set-Serendipity by Edyta Sitar. Edyta Sitar's quilt patterns incorporate applique shapes into traditional block designs.
Cut Size: Top Wing: 1 13/16”W x 1 11/16”H (4.6 cm x 4.1 cm), Body: 5/16”W x 1 11/16”H (0.79 cm x 4.3 cm), Bottom Wing: 1 1/2”W x 1 7/8”H (3.8 cm x 4.8 cm)
Finished Size: Top Wing: 1 13/16”W x 1 11/16”H (4.6 cm x 4.1 cm), Body: 5/16”W x 1 11/16”H (0.79 cm x 4.3 cm), Bottom Wing: 1 1/2”W x 1 7/8”H (3.8 cm x 4.8 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 6 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) Item 55139
How to Die Cut Butterflies:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Tip: Fuse and cut using charm squares or 5" x 5" squares of fabric so you can mix and match the fabrics for butterflies with different color wings.
- Top Wings: Cut and fuse 2" x 2" squares. Cut 20 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 360 wings. Note: wings are directional so be sure you are cutting both sides!
- Body: Cut and fuse 3/4" x 2 1/4" rectangles. Cut 40 bodies across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 640 bodies.
- Bottom Wings: Cut and fuse 2 1/4" x 3" rectangles. Cut 17 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 204 wings. Note: wings are directional so be sure you are cutting both sides!
Why Quilters Love the GO! Butterfly by Edyta Sitar Die:
- The GO! Butterfly by Edyta Sitar die is the perfect size to cut your own butterfly with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Butterfly by Edyta Sitar includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut butterflies out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.